The Lousadense Gastronomy is very common in relation to what is the gastronomy of the region Entre-O-Douro-E-Minho, rich in flavors, smells and colors. One of the traditional recipes is the roasted kid in the oven. An emblematic product of the Easter season, a symbol of spring and renewal. In this time of celebration, usually synonymous with family reunion, at Easter Sunday lunch the kid shines at the table, which celebrates the most important moment of the Catholic calendar, a religion strongly rooted in the people of Lousadense.
- 1,5 kg lamb
- Sweet paprika to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 onion cut in half-moon slices
- Parsley sprigs
- 500 ml white wine
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 kg of potatoes to bake
- 30 ml of olive oil
- 2 tablespoon of lard
- 200 ml of broth
- In a bowl, season the goat with salt, pepper, the minced garlic and paprika.
Mix everything together. Add the bay leaves, onion slices and parsley sprigs.
Drizzle everything with the white wine and keep in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, season the potatoes with salt, pepper, and half the olive oil.
Mix everything together.
- In an oven tray, place the parsley sprigs, the onion, and the bay leaves on the bottom. Place the meat on top, and around the meat, spread the potatoes. Drizzle everything with the marinated meat, the broth, and the remaining olive oil. Sprinkle some lard on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200º for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Halfway through, turn the meat over so that it is browned on both sides.